English, not Legalese.
Most website terms and privacy documents are unreadable. They are written by and for lawyers, and in our opinion, they are not very effective.
Because we believe in establishing long-term relationships with our visitors and customers, we decided to use plain English instead, to make everything as clear as possible.
About this document
We aren’t able to make amendments to this document for any one particular person. However, if changes you suggest apply to all of our users, we’ll be happy to update it for everyone.
We will make improvements to this document over time. By continuing to use the site, you will implicitly accept any future changes we make to it.
Your access and use of https://the-photographyblog.com is always subject to the most current version of this document.
Terms of Service
Using ThePhotographyBlog means accepting these terms.
By accessing, using, reading, or interacting with ThePhotographyBlog in any way, you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions written in this document.
If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this document, do not access ThePhotographyBlog under any circumstances.
Breach of Terms
We may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of ThePhotographyBlog at any time in our sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you. To this day, we have never had to do this, and we hope it never happens.
If you think we removed your access by mistake, get in touch and we’ll give you our reasoning. We also have the ability to restore access without losing any data.
Official support for ThePhotographyBlog is provided by sending an email to [email protected] or using the form located here. We sometimes also provide chat support that can be accessed by using the on-screen widget. If you do not see the widget, this means that the chat is currently unavailable.
Access to your data
What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect the following personal data:
- Email address
We occasionally also automatically employ systems that verify that you are not a robot trying to hack our system. No human will ever see your public IP address and location data, the information is purely used to ensure that only people we want to can access our site.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
Who can see my password?
No one. We never store your password unencrypted, so no one can read it.
It is your sole responsibility to keep your username, password and other sensitive information confidential. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, you shall notify ThePhotographyBlog immediately.
If you forget your password, we can send you a secure link via email that lets you reset it. (https://the-photographyblog.com/reset)
Who can see my credit card number?
No one at ThePhotographyBlog. We use reliable external payment gateways, such as Paypal to process our payments for us. In short, we’re not responsible for managing your sensitive financial information, we leave that to the pros.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How can I access or correct my information?
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging in to ThePhotographyBlog you have access to and visiting the settings pages
How is my data protected from another customer’s data?
All of our customers’ data resides in the same database. We use software best practices to guarantee only people who you designate as viewers of your data can access it. In other words, we segment our customer data via software. We do our best and are very confident we’re doing a good job at it, but, like every other web software that hosts customer data in the same database, we cannot guarantee a highly sophisticated hacker cannot access other people’s data.
How are you protecting my data from hacker attacks?
All of our servers are highly physically secured at DigitalOcean’s Frankfurt data centre. We also have our own practices in place, which follow the industry’s best practices. We can be confident that our site is secure as we have employed the incredible performance and security technologies created by Cloudflare to ensure that no unauthorized access to data can take place.
What should I do if I find a security vulnerability in ThePhotographyBlog?
If you have discovered a security concern, please contact us immediately. We’ll work with you to make sure that we understand the scope of the issue, and that we fully address your concern.
Please act in good faith towards our users’ privacy and data during your disclosure. We won’t take legal action against you or administrative action against your account if you act accordingly: White hat researchers are always appreciated.
Intellectual Property Rights
Who owns ThePhotographyBlog’s materials?
ThePhotographyBlog materials are all the information, data, documents (e.g. white papers, press releases, datasheets, FAQs, etc.), communications, downloads, files, text, images, photographs, graphics, videos, webcasts, publications, content, tools, resources, software, code, programs and products on ThePhotographyBlog produced by ThePhotographyBlog.
You agree not to copy, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, display, perform, license, sublicense or reverse engineer ThePhotographyBlog service or ThePhotographyBlog Materials or any portions of them.
You agree that you will not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the software. Any copying or redistribution of the software is prohibited, including any copying or reproduction of the software to any other server or location for further reproduction, redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. Any unauthorized use, copying or distribution of the software is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this Site are the property of the-photographyblog.com or other third parties. You are not permitted to use them without the prior written consent of the-photographyblog.com or such third party that may own the rights. ThePhotographyBlog and ThePhotographyBlog’s logo are trademarks of ThePhotographyBlog, licensed to the-photographyblog.com.
ThePhotographyBlog materials may not be modified or altered in any way.
ThePhotographyBlog materials on ThePhotographyBlog may not be distributed or sold, rented, leased, licensed or otherwise made available to others.
You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in ThePhotographyBlog materials.
You may not copy or distribute any graphics in ThePhotographyBlog materials apart from their accompanying text.
You will not quote or display ThePhotographyBlog materials, or any portions thereof, out of context.
ThePhotographyBlog reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print ThePhotographyBlog materials available via ThePhotographyBlog at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from ThePhotographyBlog.
The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
Any ThePhotographyBlog materials made available only upon payment of a fee may only be viewed, downloaded and printed subject to your payment of such fee.
Do you guarantee that ThePhotographyBlog will be accessible at all times?
In short, we do not. Like all other cloud-based applications, we are vulnerable to the inherent unreliability of the Internet.
We monitor THePhotographyBlog closely and have set up automated alerts to be notified when ThePhotographyBlog’s service is under stress, so that we can deal with the issue before it becomes a problem that might impact customer access.
You acknowledge and agree that ThePhotographyBlog shall not be liable for any failure to store your materials on ThePhotographyBlog at any time.
Play Nice Clauses
Use of ThePhotographyBlog
You agree that you shall not:
- Collect, harvest or engage in any other activity to obtain email addresses, phone numbers, personal information or any other information about others.
- Use or attempt to gain access to or use another’s user or company account, password, data, or computer systems or networks connected to any ThePhotographyBlog server, whether through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- Access or attempt to access any material that you are not authorized to access.
- Make available any files containing materials where you do not own or control, or have not received the necessary licenses to, all intellectual property rights, rights of privacy and publicity and all other rights in and to such materials.
- Use any materials in any manner that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any party.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, ThePhotographyBlog service, ThePhotographyBlog materials, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through ThePhotogrpahyBlog or any affiliated or linked sites.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any ThePhotographyBlog account holder.
- Post or otherwise submit any software, programs or files that are harmful or disruptive of another’s equipment, software or other property, including any corrupted files, time bombs, Trojan horses, viruses and worms.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Download any materials posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in such manner.
- Disrupt, interfere or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying ThePhotographyBlog’s service or other affiliated or linked sites, materials or services.
- Access or use ThePhotographyBlog in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any ThePhotographyBlog’s server or the network(s) connected to any ThePhotographyBlog server. You will be responsible for the fees affiliated with the recovery and loss of data caused by your actions.
- Post or otherwise submit any topic, name, material or information that is child pornography, defamatory, excessively violent, harassing, inappropriate, indecent, lascivious, lewd, obscene, profane, racist, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable.
- Prepare, compile, use, download or otherwise copy any ThePhotographyBlog user directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof, or transmit, provide or otherwise distribute (whether or not for a fee) such directory or information to any third party.
- Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Violate the rights of ThePhotographyBlog or any third party (including rights of privacy and publicity) or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another.
- Use any ThePhotographyBlog or ThePhotographyBlog domain name as a pseudonymous return email address.
- Market any goods or services for any business purpose (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services), unless specifically allowed to do so by ThePhotographyBlog.
Materials and Services provided by third parties are governed by separate agreements accompanying such materials and services. ThePhotographyBlog offers no guarantees and assumes no responsibility or liability of any type with respect to the third-party services, including any liability resulting from incompatibility between a third-party service, ThePhotographyBlog materials, ThePhotographyBlog service or another third-party service. You agree that you will not hold ThePhotographyBlog responsible or liable with respect to the third-party services.
Special Treatment for Spammers
Restriction and Termination of Use
ThePhotographyBlog may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access at any time in ThePhotographyBlog’s sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
ThePhotographyBlog will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. ThePhotographyBlog will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on ThePhotographyBlog or on sites linked to from ThePhotographyBlog, please provide written notification of claimed copyright infringement, which must contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and identification of what content in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing and which you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
- A description of where the content that you claim is infringing is located on ThePhotographyBlog;
- Information sufficient to permit ThePhotographyBlog to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your Notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, ok the law;
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Links to Third Party Sites
ThePhotographyBlog may include links that will take you to other sites outside of ThePhotographyBlog service. The linked sites are provided by ThePhotographyBlog to you as a convenience and the inclusion of the links do not imply any endorsement by ThePhotographyBlog of any linked site. ThePhotographyBlog has no control of the linked sites and you therefore acknowledge and agree that ThePhotographyBlog is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to a linked site. You further acknowledge and agree that ThePhotographyBlog is not responsible for any form of transmission (e.g. webcasting) received from any linked site.
Advertisements and Promotions
ThePhotographyBlog may run advertisements and promotions from third parties in any manner or mode and to any extent. Your communications, activities, relationships and business dealings with any third parties advertising or promoting via ThePhotographyBlog, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, shall be solely matters between you and such third parties. You acknowledge and agree that ThePhotographyBlog is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-ThePhotographyBlog advertisers on our website.
Warranties and Disclaimers
ThePhotographyBlog’s service and ThePhotographyBlog’s materials may include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies, or typographical errors. ThePhotographyBlog may make changes to the site, materials and services, including the prices and descriptions of any software or products listed, at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. ThePhotographyBlog’s service and ThePhotographyBlog’s materials may be out of date, and ThePhotographyBlog makes no commitment to update the site, materials and services.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- ThePhotographyBlog does not control, endorse, or accept responsibility for any materials or services offered by third parties, including third-party vendors and third parties accessible through linked sites;
- ThePhotographyBlog makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any such third parties, their materials or services;
- Any dealings you may have with such third parties are at your own risk; and
- ThePhotographyBlog shall not be liable or responsible for any materials or services offered by third parties.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. To the extent permissible, any implied warranties are limited to ninety (90) days.
Indemnity and Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold ThePhotographyBlog harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- your user materials and any other content (e.g. computer viruses) that you may submit, post to or transmit through ThePhotographyBlog, including a third party’s use of such user materials or content (e.g. reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of your user materials);
- your access to or use of ThePhotographyBlog (including any use by your employees, contractors or agents and all uses of your account usernames user names and passwords, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you, in connection with ThePhotographyBlog);
- your connection to ThePhotographyBlog;
ThePhotographyBlog service can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to ThePhotographyBlog products, services and programs that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that ThePhotographyBlog intends to announce such products, services or programs in your country. The site is controlled, operated and administered internationally. ThePhotographyBlog makes no representation that our service are appropriate or available for use in your country, and access to the site from territories where the Site, the Services or Materials are illegal is prohibited. You are responsible for your compliance with all local laws.
The export and re-export of ThePhotographyBlog’s products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations, and such Software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition, the Software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading Software, you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods, and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall ThePhotographyBlog,be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or losses of any kind, or any damages or losses whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable or if ThePhotographyBlog has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, and on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortious action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with:
- the access or use of or the inability to access or use of ThePhotographyBlog;
- the statements or actions of any third party on or via the site, services or materials;
- any dealings with vendors or other third parties;
- any unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions, user materials or other data;
- any information that is sent or received or not sent or received;
- any failure to store or loss of data, files, materials or other content;
- any services available that are delayed or interrupted;
- any web site referenced or linked to from this site; or
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use any linked site.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Accordingly, the limitations and exclusions set forth above may not apply to you.